Buprenorphine (Suboxone) Maintenance Treatments
Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatments Program Overview
Treatment of withdrawal symptoms doesn’t require hospitalization but can be safely and effectively conducted in the outpatient setting. For most people, outpatient detox permits return to work and parenting. New Leaf Treatment Center offers medical detox from several drugs, including alcohol, benzodiazepine tranquilizers a
Medical detoxification is defined as the use of medications to treat drug withdrawal symptoms. Medications are used to relieve distress and promote recovery by alleviating symptoms of early abstinence that interfere with function and increase craving. If the client has symptoms that interfere with daily function for more than three consecutive days, the use of medications is considered.
Licensed clinicians, under the supervision of the Medical Director, are responsible for developing, within five days of admission, an individual written plan for medical detoxification for the client that is based upon the following information:
- By client self-report during intake and assessment
- In consultation with the client’s primary care physician, and/or the referring physician
- By review of the client’s medical records
Treatment for physical withdrawal from substances is based on nationally recognized, published protocols. The treatment plan includes, at minimum:
- Identification of the specific drug(s) and detoxification protocol to be used
- Documentation of the client’s physical dependence including, but not limited to vital signs, cardiovascular, respiratory, and neurological status
- Documentation of the client’s physical health including any existing acute/chronic medical problems
- Documentation of the client’s mental health including any existing acute/chronic psychiatric problems
- Statement of the anticipated length of the medical detoxification program
New Leaf Treatment Center relies entirely on payment for treatment services to pay for clinician salaries and for the costs of operation. Therefore, each client is fully responsible for payment of all costs associated with their treatment. Coverage for alcohol/drug treatment is variable. We will help you find out what your insurance will cover. We will provide you with help in obtaining reimbursement from your insurance company for services. However, insurance reimbursement is ultimately the responsibility of the patient.